- We, Kravluxe Limited, Antala Staška 510/38, 140 00, Prague-4, Czech Republic, are the operator of the website www.altovita.com.
- The website is a platform which showcases, and allows Altovita Members to book, a collection of the world’s highest quality and inspiring spaces.
- These terms apply to Altovita Members, as well as anyone who accesses our website.
- Please note that these terms are in addition to our terms that apply to Altovita Members who reserve accommodation through our website (guests) and to Altovita Members who are hosts of accommodation (hosts). There may also be further documents that guests and hosts are required to enter into.
- The most important thing for you to remember is that the website is a platform aiming to connect guests with hosts. We are not a party to any rental contract between a guest and a host, and we are not an owner or operator of any of the accommodation listed on our website. We are not responsible for any of hosts’ or guests’ actions or inactions.
B. Becoming a Altovita Member
- In order to become an Altovita Member (and therefore be able to list or rent accommodation through our website), you will need to create an account with us.
- You will be asked to provide us with certain registration information – please make sure it is true and accurate – and we will send you an email confirmation once your account has been opened.
- Only people over the age of 18 can create an account and become an Altovita Member.
- If you choose a username and/or password during the account sign-up process, please keep it confidential and do not disclose it to anyone else.
C. Charges, fees and payments
- Currently, there is no fee payable for becoming an Altovita Member, but certain fees are payable in relation to our service:
a. The Accommodation Charges: these are the charges that we collect from guests on behalf of hosts for the renting of the hosts’ accommodation and any additional services that have been ordered. The amount will be set out in the relevant Booking Confirmation. These are set out in paragraphs B and I of the Altovita Guest/Host Agreement and Altovita Host Agreement respectively.
b. The Security Deposit: this is the amount that is deducted from guests’ payment cards as a deposit against any damage caused to the relevant accommodation during each guest’s stay. The amount will be set out in the relevant Booking Confirmation and is applied as set out in paragraph C of the Altovita Guest/Host Agreement. We only deduct the security deposit on a successful claim by the host.
c. The Altovita Service Fee: this is the fee that we charge to guests for the provision of our service. This is a percentage of the Accommodation Charges, will be set out in the Order Confirmation and is described further in paragraph B5 of the Altovita Guest/Host Agreement.
d. The Host Service Fee: this is the fee that we charge to hosts for the provision of our payment collection and distribution services. It is described further in paragraph I2 of the Altovita Host Agreement.
- When, as a guest, you are required to provide us with payment card details, you must be the holder of that card or expressly authorised by the holder to use the card for the intended purpose. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you or any users of your account at the price(s) in effect when such charges are incurred. You will also be responsible for paying any applicable taxes relating to your bookings and notified to you.
- You acknowledge and agree that if we take any payments from you, we are doing so as an agent acting on behalf of the host and as the merchant on record for taking payments.
- We may round up or round down amounts that are payable from or to guests or hosts, as reasonably necessary.
- If you are a guest and are due a refund under the host’s chosen cancellation policy (as set out in the Itinerary), we will pay that refund to you within 10 working days after we receive notice of cancellation, provided that we have retained or are able to collect the relevant monies from the host. Please note that neither we, nor any host, will be responsible for any additional fees, costs or expenses that you have incurred in relation to a cancelled booking (including travel costs or event tickets). You are therefore strongly advised to take out adequate travel insurance to cover any booking you make via Altovita.
- Guests shall be responsible for paying any hotel or tourist tax (or equivalent) that may be payable in relation to the rental of the relevant accommodation under applicable law.
D. Cancelling your Altovita Membership
- You may cancel your registration with us (and therefore your Altovita Membership) at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that cancelling your membership will not entitle you to any refund in relation to accommodation that you have booked and paid for prior to the date of any cancellation or termination.
- Once you cancel your registration with us, we have no obligation to return any information that you provided to us (including any profile you may have on our website).
- For the avoidance of doubt, this section D does not apply to members who are hosts.
E. Content-related provisions
- We, or our licensors, own all rights in our website and all content that is made available through our website, including all text and images in relation to the featured accommodation (digital content). This includes all intellectual property rights.
- To the extent that our website provides a platform for third party applications, websites and services or links to third party websites, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the features or content contained within, or made available to you by, any third party application, service or link.
F. Access to and use of our website
- You are not entitled to use any data mining, data gathering or data extraction tools to collect user names, e-mail addresses or any other data from our website for any purpose.
- If we make available functionality which allows you to provide a review for use on our website, you agree that: (i) the review represents your honestly-held belief; (ii) we have the right to use that review on our website or other media platforms, and modify its content, at our discretion; (iii) we have the right to attribute that review to your username; and (iv) we may remove the review from our website at any time and in our sole discretion. We disclaim any and all liability, to the extent permitted by applicable law, in relation to any reviews on our website.
- We want nice people to be Altovita hosts. However, we do not check their identities or backgrounds (including, for example, whether they have a criminal record) so, if you are a guest, please do your own due diligence.
- Our website and the digital content are provided “as is” and to the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our website or our digital content, whether express or implied. In particular (but without limitation) we exclude any warranty as to the reliability or accuracy of any of the digital content.
- Our liability to Altovita Members in their capacity as hosts shall be as set out in the Altovita Host Agreement.
- In the event of any dispute between a host and a guest, please follow the complaints procedure set out in section I of the Guest/Host Agreement.
- We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You must not: (i) misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful; (ii) attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server(s) on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website; or (iii) attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- We may notify you by using the email address that you provided to us in the account registration stage.
- To contact us, please email: email@example.com
- We, Kravluxe Limited, Antala Staška 510/38, 140 00, Prague-4, Czech Republic, are the operator of the website www.altovita.com. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Submitted Information: registration information and any other information that you provide by filling in forms on our website (including when you become a Altovita Member).
- Additional information: if you contact us (for example in relation to a problem with a booking), we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also collect and process details of your use of our website including, but not limited to, activity relating to your account (such as time/frequency of log-ins, elements of the website that you have accessed), traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Device information: we may collect information about the device you use to access our website, including, where available, the device’s unique device identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information, for system administration.
- Log information: when you view content on our website, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including but not limited to internet protocol addresses, internet service provider, clickstream data, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps.
- Payment card information: if you wish to book accommodation through our website, you are required to provide (and we shall collect) your payment card details in order that we can collect fees from that card as the merchant on record for taking payments in accordance with the Altovita Guest/Host Agreement (found on our website).
C. Where we store your personal data
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our partners. These staff may be engaged in the fulfilment of your request, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
D. How we use your information
We use information held about you or in relation to the use of your account in the following ways: (i) for the operation of your account and our website (including to facilitate the transactions performed via our website); (ii) to learn more about our Account holders and users; and (iii) where we have your consent, to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you. We will not sell your information to third parties.
E. Disclosing your information
F. IP addresses and cookies
- We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us: (i) to estimate our audience size and usage pattern; (ii) to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests; (iii) to speed up your searches; and (iv) to recognise you when you return to use our website.
- We use the following types of cookies in relation to our website: (a) Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website; (b) Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors interact with our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way that our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily; and (c) Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to use our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
G. Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €15 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.